The making of a man who struggles with God

October 19

What should I write? I spoke in the communion service this morning for the first time. I talked about my 1984 experience. I think it was good. Lots of people thanked me for sharing, and I think they were sincere. I'm feeling kind of restless these days. I've been thinking through a zillion things and I feel like I'm growing so fast. I wish I could stay at Bible School forever; it's just perfect. My feeling are all so paradoxical. I feel so alive sometimes, but so empty sometimes. I'm starting to really want to serve God more than anything else, but it can be frustrating, because sometimes I feel so far from him. But I'm excited, because God is definitely at work in my life, and I feel like I'm building up to something. I don't know what it is, but it's coming, and I'm pumped. Lord, keep my focus on you. Never let me turn away. Fill me, but keep me thirsty. Jesus make it so.

"Fill me, but keep me thirsty" (or something along those lines) was a common prayer for me at this time. God always seemed to be better at answering the second part than the first.


- Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home












Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com