The making of a man who struggles with God

October 20

I finally got to talk to my teacher today. It's good to talk to people. I think I've got most of the opinions I need about relationship with God. What I need now is research and prayer and fasting and divine revelation. I don't know when I'll do my fast. I was thinking about waiting until after Vancouver [we went on a week-long missions trip to inner-city Vancouver], but I thought there would be nothing wrong with doing a mini-fast before I go. The staff are kicking Vancouver prep into high gear. We watched Through a Blue Lens (a documentary about drugs filmed in Vacouver), which I've already seen twice. Apparently some people were pretty freaked out about it. I tend to err on the side of recklessness, so I don't really relate to that. I just pray that God will keep us exactly as safe as we need to be. I pray that this would be an eye opener (even for me) and that we (I) would be stretched and would really grow a lot on this trip.


- Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home












Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com