The making of a man who struggles with God

October 7

Oh God. God, show me the truth.

I had a great talk with the co-ordinator of my Impact ministry. She's an ex-Satanist Messianic Jew/Pentecostal, and she shared the story of her "Baptism in the Spirit". We talked for a long time, and I told her honestly what I've been brought up to believe. And we talked. I explained to her that I don't care about being liberal or conservative or Brethren or Pentecostal or any of these things. All I want is the truth. (Jesus make it so.) God, thank you for this woman. Thank you that once again you've brought someone into my life who will challenge my preconceptions. Lord God, my heart's desire and prayer is for truth. I crave it. I long for it. Lord, reveal your truth to me, whatever it may be. In the name of Jesus, amen.

So it begins. I'd never thought to desire the presence of God (baptism of the Spirit, whatever) before, because no one had told me this kind of thing was possible. Suddenly I realized that all the songs and Bible verses that talk about interaction with God didn't have to be taken metaphorically, and I had to figure out if all this stuff was true. To a large extent my recent life has revolved around my longing for interaction with God, and I suppose this day was the beginning of that.


- Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home












Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com