The making of a man who struggles with God

December 31

I have a confession to make: I have neglected my journaling for the past week - a week that contained so many huge, journal-worthy things. Somehow I got wrapped up in completing the mandatory 12 installments per month, and now I've missed recording a lot of incredible stuff. Fool. Anyhow, I'm at winter camp and it's been awesome. Mostly I've sat around and read my Bible and talked to people. Hm, what should I summarize? I had another super talk with a friend from Bible study, this time about how it's my responsibility to challenge myself - I can't blame spiritual inertia on my surroundings. I also heard another guy's complete life story, which is really unbelievable. This guy challenged me to keep seeking a relationship with God. I'd sort of come to a point where I was like, "Maybe someday, if God decides to give it to me", but I'd run out of faith that it would happen. He encouraged me that it's possible, and it's worth seeking. And I've talked with all kinds of other people about a bunch of topics, like our misguided, mis-motivated "worship". I've also been challenged and invigorated by the man who's speaking. He's very passionate, seems to have a very close relationship with God, and has a real vision for the camp. The biggest thing maybe is that I made a kind of a pact with a guy that we would each spend an hour a day doing devotions. So that should be really interesting. Dang, I'm writing in a big room full of people and it's hard to concentrate, so I'm gonna quit and hopefully pick up on this at some later date.


- Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home












Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com