The making of a man who struggles with God

March 22

We're stranded overnight in Barstow California in a little Vineyard Church. The bus broke down, but it should be fixed today. Last night we had a good long worship session. We sand and talked and did our choir songs, and we sang He is Wonderful over and over. The whole thing was cool - classic worship experience dealie. And I don't know, it was good and whatever. Now I'm sitting here just getting frustrated thinking about it. I thought writing would help me sort through what I think of worship stuff and the feelings it produces. I don't know what I think. Grr. Oh Jesus Christ. I can't do the feeling thing. Maybe for the moment, but never for long. But I think I can do dogged, hell-bent devotion, if you'll help me.

Oh ya, I guy offered to take me to his pastor and see if I can be baptized in the Spirit, but I'm just so skeptical, I don't think I can. But I'd like to maybe see it or something. Jesus Christ. Give me what strength I need to do your work to the highest degree. Be the Lord over me.


- Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home












Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com