The making of a man who struggles with God

April 13

My Old Testament prof marked my paper on Malachi, though he hasn't handed it back yet. He sort of alluded to it in class, and apparently he brought it up in a staff meeting too. I think it really affected him, probably negatively. Reading through Malachi I got really mad at God, and I think I really let my venom drip through onto my paper. Then my prof got it on his hands, and he wiped his eyes, and now we're all in trouble. I'm thinking about why I write papers like that, and there's probably dozens of reasons, but basically it's irresponsible, I think, to burden my prof with that. I hope to talk with him soon and "sort it out". Jesus make me honest.

I'm not sure if I agree with my conclusion here anymore. I don't think I should have to worry about protecting professors from my difficulties with the material. I think mostly I just hate making people feel bad, and I blame myself for causing them discomfort by asking tough questions. On the other hand, sometimes I do share more of my problems with certain people than I should. It's tough to strike the right balance.


- Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home












Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com