The making of a man who struggles with God

May 6

I think I'm pretty easy to get along with. I don't get mad at people. I like people. People like me. I hate to see conflict between people, and when I do, it seems like I can understand where they're both coming from and sympathize with them. Hm, I seem to be incapable of writing long entries anymore. Not sure why. In brief, I seem to be able to get along with nearly everyone... except God. The problem is that God doesn't play by the rules of relationship. He's not even very courteous. Mostly though, he just has poor communication skills. I don't know what to do about this. Once again, I know that somehow he's right, and somehow the problem's with me. And once again, that's infuriating. Help me out here, God.

My recent breakthrough came when I decided to accept the way my life is and stop assuming that my distance from God is somehow my fault. Once I stopped blaming myself for not having what I want and was able to be at peace with what I have, I was suddenly freed from this cycle of longing and depression. The Buddha was right - desire is the root of suffering.


- Jacob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home












Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com